The BlackBerry® has been a dominating force in business oriented Smartphones for over a decade. RIM’s recent foray into the Tablet market with PlayBook and change in strategy to widen its target audience has broadened its appeal amongst non-business users as well. Extending functionality to the BlackBerry® OS has been and is increasingly gaining importance amongst application developers, as Smartphone/Tablet specific App Stores become more popular.
Celstream’s expertise in developing Apps based on Blackberry® OS can be leveraged to build highly customized and versatile solutions for Enterprise, OEMs and Service Providers to enable them to extend their services, monetize them and meet the needs of their changing business models.
- BlackBerry® UI Applications
- BlackBerry® Backend Services
- BlackBerry® communication ( BES/MDS, BIS, Wi-Fi, GPRS/3G, WAP)
- Networking and Internet
- BlackBerry® Email
- BlackBerry® Application interoperability
- BlackBerry® SDK for Data encryption, compression
- BlackBerry® Graphics and Image processing
- Adobe® AIR® and WebWorks based applications for PlayBook
Feature Development Experience:
- BlackBerry® UI Development
- Custom reusable BlackBerry® controls library to create rich GUI elements
- Enhancing the existing BlackBerry® controls for additional functionality and look and feel.
- Rich graphical screen with elements to handle touch / non touch phones
- Adobe® AIR® apps for PlayBook using ActionScript® 3.0 that have look and feel of native apps
- Touch, Multi touch and Track Pad Usage
- Common code approach to develop applications for touch/non touch mobiles.
- Pinch Zoom, touch and multi touch gesture
- BlackBerry® TCP/UDP connections for various types of data transfer
- Device discovery – Bonjour® / UPnP®/SNMP
- Web services using SOAP, REST and MTOM for bulk data transfer
- BlackBerry® graphics SDK and Image processing
- Applying Transformations to underlying graphics
- Rendering high resolution images on graphics for image processing.
- Applying raster operation to generate complicated graphics.
- BlackBerry® runtime and persistent store to maintain the application settings
- BlackBerry® Email API
- Foundation – Capitalizing on the strong building blocks of the OS development of backend features that strengthen the application.
- Threads for multi-tasking
- Thread synchronization
- Application state management in multi tasking devices
- Location based Services
- Using GPS for the location based services
- Display the current location on BlackBerry® maps
- Adding functionality to native BlackBerry® applications through menu injection.
- BlackBerry® Database - temporary and persistent.
- Device management
- App Store submission for both:
- End-User apps
- Enterprise apps
- Creating Adhoc Distribution test applications for Beta users