Today, the popularity of Apple’s iPhone® and iPad® cannot be understated. The iPhone® and iPad’s superior design, not only in terms of hardware, but also the versatile, feature rich and user-friendly operating system, iOS, has led to Apple’s large market share of the Smartphone/Tablet market. Furthermore, the provision for Application developers to develop and publish Apps via iTunes® or other App Markets has proven popular amongst both developers and users alike. As a result of this, several entities have adopted or intend to adopt the benefits of reaching their specific target audience via a single and secure media, providing users with applications and services pertaining to their respective fields. OEMs, enterprises, 3rd party Application developers and service providers are adopting the use of iOS-based solutions to provide their customers with rich, user-centric and flexible applications to enhance the use of their products and services and to monetize their products via value added services.
Celstream has extensive proven experience in the conception and development of solutions for iOS.
- Cocoa Touch®
- Data Management Touch
- Core Graphics
- iOS Design Patterns
- Networking & Internet
- Video Processing
Feature Development Expertise:
- UIKit – Development of Rich GUI business applications while retaining the same feel on both the iPhone® & iPad®, while utilizing the enhanced graphical interface individually.
- Touch based interfaces with optimized response
- Complex navigation through multiple windows
- Foundation - Capitalizing on the strong building blocks of the OS development of backend features that strengthen the application.
- Threads and operational queues for multitasking
- Application state management in multi-tasking iOS devices
- Core Locator & Map Kit
- Development of location based services using GPS
- Display of current locations on Maps and providing driving directions using Core Location Services
- Multi-Touch Gestures
- Development of:
- Pinch, Touch, Multi-Touch on the display screen
- Finger touch gestures to zoom, pinch and select
- BSD Sockets, Networking Streams, Bonjour® Discovery, Publishing & Consuming services, Communication to Web-Services via SOAP and REST based services.
- SNMP based device discovery and status retrieval.
- Video processing
- Video capture and playback at different frame-rates and resolutions
- Video metadata insertion
- Streaming, progressive download and playback
- Video transcoding and editing
- Video upload to cloud servers
- iAd - Implementing advertising capabilities while the user waits for complex activities to complete.
- In-App purchasing
- Allows end-users to purchase content, subscriptions, and digital services
- In App Purchase to unlock additional functionality, eliminating the need to create Lite versions of your app
- Inter-App Messaging - Leveraging the “Open with” model of sharing data to allow the user to print from various applications that don’t provide printing capabilities.
- Core Graphics - to give printing enhanced options for Photo printing
- Core Data - Used Managed objects for data management in the CRM tool with persistent storage and fault management along with synchronization of data with centralized server.
- Device Management
- App Store submission for both:
- End-User apps
- Enterprise apps
- Creating Adhoc Distribution test applications for Beta users
- Creating universal binaries for all existing iOS devices across OS platforms with Forward and Backward Compatibility
Apple, iPhone, iPad, Bonjour, iTunes, Cocoa and Cocoa Touch are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.