YOUR IDEAL PRODUCT ENGINEERING SERVICES PARTNER
When it comes to the digital transformation of your products and services, we know that you have several business and technology issues to consider.
- Is the concept feasible?
- How soon can you go to market?
- What is the most suitable hardware platform?
- What are the software architectural choices?
- Do you make or buy?
- Should you leverage off-the-shelf products?
- What about leveraging open source alternatives?
- Do you partner or develop it yourself?
- Do your teams possess the required digital skills?
- How do you leverage and engage a partner?
- What about your legacy products?
Our product engineering services teams with advanced expertise in both digital and legacy technologies can address your product roadmap challenges. With 20 years of product engineering experience under our belt, we understand your business need for high-quality, on-time, within-budget deliverables.
Whether you're a large enterprise, a small & medium business or a start-up, Celstream offers a wide range of product engineering services to address your varied product development requirements. Celstream can:
- Work project-to-project or on a long-term basis with a reserved, dedicated team
- Take up turnkey responsibility or work with your engineering team in a co-development model
- Address the whole product or specific components/modules
- Work through the entire product development lifecycle or address specific phases (e.g., validation)
- Offer post-release services (e.g., DevOps, customization, field support, etc.)
SCOPE OF OFFERINGS
Celstream is geared to be your product engineering services partner across the entire product development lifecycle, from concept to end of life. We provide DevOps and other services such as, system integration, and customer support, making us a one-stop shop for most of your needs.
Digital Product Concept Validation
You have a brilliant idea for a digital offering, but are not entirely sure whether it is feasible.
Celstream can help you rapidly validate it in a cost-effective manner. Our expert product engineering services teams can assist you in developing a prototype or a proof of concept to validate the technology feasibility.
You can demonstrate the proof of concept to your customers and confirm your business proposition before deciding to commercialize your business idea.
New Digital Product Development
Celstream can build your new, next-generation digital products and services by extending your product engineering capability with our advanced digital technology expertise.
Our product engineering services teams can assume complete turnkey development responsibility as your sole engineering partner. We have the expertise to spec and scope your entire product, starting with high-level requirements, assist you in developing your entire product roadmap, and launch a minimum viable product (MVP).
Alternatively, Celstream teams can work in partnership with your engineering team in a co-development model, offering our specialized digital technology expertise in a complementary manner, working on specific technologies or features or lifecycle phases for your new products.
Existing Product DX
Celstream can enhance and extend your current, legacy products and services, with digital transformation.
For e.g., we could implement device-to-cloud transformation for your existing devices, we could move your existing software to the cloud, we could build new pay-as-you-go revenue models for your legacy offerings.
Our product engineering services teams can work in partnership with your engineering team in a co-development model, leveraging our specialized digital technology expertise in a complementary manner to enhance your legacy offerings.
Legacy Product Sustenance
While you are embarking on your digital transformation roadmap, you may still want to continue supporting your legacy products, extending revenue from your large customer base.
With our extensive product engineering experience, Celstream still has the legacy skills required to support older-generation products.
Celstream product engineering services teams can assume the complete turnkey sustenance of your legacy products, freeing your engineering team to focus on your digital products roadmap.
Digital Product QA & Testing
To successfully meet your business goals with satisfied customers and minimize liability, your products and services for the digital age need to be robust and require strong validation for functionality before launch.
In addition, the complex interplay of embedded, cloud, mobile, social and other technologies requires comprehensive testing across multiple parameters including usability, compatibility, scalability, responsiveness, privacy and security.
Celstream can offer you comprehensive, independent QA and testing services for your digital products and services. Our product engineering services teams can identify and report defects for further investigation and fixes.
DevOps, System Integration & Support
Celstream can offer you a whole range of post-release services for the digital products and services that we have helped develop for you:
- DevOps to host, operate, maintain and manage your cloud services
- System Integration for custom modifications of your products and services for specific customers
- Mobile App Support for app submission and listing on stores, and updates
- Field Support with email based L1, L2 support for end-users and L3 support for your field service teams
Celstream offers you a range of business models based on your business needs and engagement scope.
In all these models, you exclusively own the Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) of all the created deliverables. In case we use any Celstream background technology, we share the IPRs of the background technology with you.
You will find our contracts mature, well-structured and easy to work with. Needless to add, we walk the talk, and comply with everything that is agreed to in your contract.
Outcome Based Models
Fixed Fee Based on Milestones
If your specifications and requirement are firm, we can work in a fixed fee model, based on specific project scope, defined milestone deliverables and delivery schedule.
Fixed Fee Based on Sprints
If your project scope is evolving and you work in an agile execution model, we can work in this fixed fee model, based on sprints for iterative deliverables.
Revenue Share Based on Your Business
If we have an established relationship with you, and are convinced about the viability of your business proposition, we can structure our compensation based on your deployments, shipments or other outcomes, with or without a base fee.
Effort Based Models
Time & Materials based on Person Hours, Travel and Project Costs
If your project scope is evolving with uncertain deliverables and changing timelines, we can work in a short-term time & materials model, based on effort and expenses, bringing in the desired expertise as needed.
Time & Materials Based on Reserved Headcount, Travel and Project Costs
If your need is for a dedicated, reserved team of skilled resources, whose expertise you want to retain on a long-term basis, regardless of project workload, we can offer you a long-term time & materials model, based on headcount and expenses.
Fixed one-time fee or a variable fee based on your deployments or shipments, or a combination.
Maintenance of Embedded Modules in Legacy Devices
- Bug fixes and firmware upgrades for front panels, embedded Web server pages, security fixes, remote monitoring and configuration agents, drivers, networking, WSD, power management, battery management
- Processors: Microchip (8, 16, 32 Bit), ATMEL, Nordic NRF51/52, STMicroelectronics STM32, Espressif ESP8266, ESP32, TI Sitara, TI DM3730, NXP iMX6
- OS: Bare metal, older versions of Linux & Android, VxWorks, ThreadX, Windows CE
- Languages: C and C++
- Audio and Video Formats: AES-EBU, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, AVI, GXF, MXF
- Protocols: SNMP, HTTP/HTTPs, RTP/RTSP, TR-069, SMTP, SFTP, SMB, UDP,TCP/IP, mDNS, DHCP, RS232, RS422,DLNA, Bluetooth Classic/LE, USB, Bonjour, UPnP
Maintenance of Desktop Software and Web Applications
- Platforms: Windows and Mac Desktop apps & device drivers, Web apps, client server apps, SOAP Web services, Metro style apps, Windows Mobile apps
- Frameworks: .NET, MFC, Flex, Silverlight, Java Spring/Hibernate, COM/DCOM, Angular 1
- Languages: C#, Objective C, VB, C, C++, ASP.Net, PHP, Java, Python, PERL
- Databases: MS SQL Server, PostGres, mySQL, Access, SqlLite, FireBird
- User Directory: LDAP, ADLDS
- Analysis and Reporting: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
QA & Testing
- Competences: determining test strategy, determining/preparing test environment and test ware (i.e. test cases, suites and harnesses), automation of build, test setup and execution, performing product QA tests and certification tests, tracking results, problems/bugs and fixes, employing defect tracking mechanisms, tools and traceability matrices
- Focus Areas: white-box, black-box, scenario, regression, performance benchmarks, load, reliability and stress, scalability, deployment, interoperability, code coverage, OS and browser compatibility, security requirements and updates, re-certification
- Applications: drivers, embedded, cloud, desktop, mobile, Web
- Automation Tools: Selenium, TestComplete, QTP, LoadRunner, WAPT, JUnit, Custom Python, Perl & VB scripts
- Performance: PerfMon, JMeter
- Device Simulation and test environments: WebNMS, WireShark, VMWare, Hyper-V, Ghost Scripts, AWS Device Farm, Raspberry Pi
- Test Management Tools: TestRail, JIRA, Redmine, GForge
- Specialization: Printer drivers, WHQL/WHCK pre-certification, compliance with Adobe CS, MS Office, Quark, AirPrint
We have successfully delivered our product engineering services to several industries including:
- Broadcast Video
- Computer Peripherals
- Consumer Electronics
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
- Independent Software Vendors
- Media & Entertainment
- Printing & Imaging
Where we lack industry expertise, we rely on your industry knowledge or bring in external industry experts to assist us.